September 28th, 2007
- Cellulo 2.0.2 is available for download! Version 2.0.2 is a Universal Binary (at last!).
December 17th, 2005
- Users of Cellulo 2.0.1 who encounter crashes at launch under OS X 10.3 should read this item of the FAQ.
December 16th, 2005
- Cellulo 2.0.1 is available for download! Version 2.0.1 finally fixes the Tiger incompatibility, plus a few improvements.
- Due to a hacking attempt, the forum is temporarily unreachable. It will be retablished shortly.
February 13th, 2004
- Cellulo 2 beta is available for download!
- 2 years and 9 days ago was released the first beta version of Cellulo, sent to a dozen of testers. Today, Cellulo 2.0.0 beta has 20,000 lines of code.
January 30th, 2004
- A beta version of Cellulo 2 will be released shortly (with some missing features).
- Updated the author page.
December 24th, 2003
- I wish you all a very merry Christmas!
November 19th, 2003
- Updated to-do list.
- I am working hard on version 2. If you knew all the new features, you just couldn't wait! That's why I won't tell you... ;-)
October 9th, 2003
October 4th, 2003
- New forums! Please come in the Cellulo Café and chat about Cellulo or anything else!
- Updated to-do list. I am currently working on the plug-in system, and it will be great!
- I just removed all advertising from the site due to poor efficiency (if you really want to know, I earned... zero!).
- I am looking for a job as computer science engineer (I graduated this year). Anywhere in the world. I speak English, German and French, and a little Japanese. Apple folks, if you read this... ;)
September 9th, 2003
- I'm back from Japan! This is a wonderful country and Japanese are absolutely kind people. Cities are amazing and country is beautiful. If you can read French, this page is a daily journal which I wrote while I was there. It also features some photographs.
- Due to a server configuration change made by our hosting provider, some features of the site are broken. Some problems have been fixed, but the language setting which you make by clicking on the flags at the top of the page still isn't remembered when changing page (it reverts to your browser's setting). Other features may still be broken.
- Updated to-do list.
August 9th, 2003
- I'm taking vacations until the end of the month, then I'll probably be quite busy moving in a new apartment, so don't expect any update until the end of September. I probably won't answer mail about Cellulo during that period of time. Stay tuned anyway, there are many new things to come in next versions!
July 31st, 2003
- Cellulo 1.3.1 is available in the Download section.
July 22nd, 2003
- You are now looking at the first version of the brand new Cellulo web site! It will continue to evolve as new sections will appear, like a complete user guide and links to free downloadable content. I am not a native English speaker, so please tell me if you find mistakes or strange turns of phrase. Of course, comments are welcome.
July 10th, 2003
- The Cellulo web site is currently being totally redone. The new version will offer more information, more help, and an easier access to it. It will also be bilingual (English/French).
- Due to network maintenance, you may have trouble accessing this site on next sunday.
July 3rd, 2003
- Thanks to some of you (and myself ;-), I could identify some bugs in Cellulo 1.3, especially the fact that full screen mode takes place on the main screen, no matter where the movie window is (in earlier versions, you could choose the screen used for full screen by placing the movie window on it). Expect version 1.3.1 in some weeks.
- As you may have noticed, some non-agressive advertising has appeared on the site (ie, no pop-ups, no flashing banners, and nothing that isn't related to digital video on Mac) in order to complete the donation system. So if you plan to buy something at one of our partners' stores, please do it through one of the links on this site, so we can get a commission.
- Updated Tips (already some time ago, but it didn't appear in the news).
- I'm going to Japan this summer. This isn't related to Cellulo, but I'm just happy, so I have to write it here.
- Oh, by the way, I'm also looking for a job as computer science engineer. Anywhere in the world. (Preferably Midi-Pyrénées, not too far from the centre of Toulouse, France. But anywhere is fine.)
June 17th, 2003
- Good news for Cellulo users tired of validating their DivX files. Good news for DivX addicts looking for a rich user interface. DivX Networks have released DivX 5.0.6 for the Mac which enables you to watch non-validated DivX movies that contain an MP3 soundtrack. But wait! There is more good news! If you install DivX 5.0.6, the DivX AVI Importer also benefits to third party DivX codecs, which means that any DivX codec can now be chosen (using Cellulo's unique codec preference feature) while still having the sound of non-validated DivX movies played back.
- I received very positive feedback about Cellulo 1.3. Thank you!
June 6th, 2003
May 26th, 2003
April 30th, 2003
- Updated FAQ.
- I am really sorry for not releasing new versions of Cellulo, but I'm quite busy at the moment. Moreover, I spend the whole day developing at work, so I do not always want to do the same when I'm back home. But don't worry, Cellulo still evolves (a bit slowly...)!
March 2nd, 2003
- Updated To-Do List.
- Since Cellulo 1.2.1 beta has proven to be very stable. This is now the recommended version for download.
February 6th, 2003
- I am currently working on a new version of Cellulo (I finally solved out this damn MPEG-1 QuickTime/Cocoa bug!).
- I just released the beta version of a utility named Slurp which allows you to get your music files back from your iPod to your hard drive or to your favorite CD/DVD burning program.
- Thanks to the two donators! You know who you are...
November 17th, 2002
- Due to mail from Cellulo fans, I may reconsider the previous statement... Especially, I will try to fix some full screen bugs. However, I'm currently working on a 3d engine project, so I won't have much time for developing Cellulo.
November 7th, 2002
- Cellulo development is discontinued until Apple has fixed a bug in Cocoa/QuickTime 6 that prevents me from correctly playing MPEG-1 movies. Since Cellulo is a free software, I cannot afford spending time on it if it isn't even useful to me. I also hoped donations would help me to pay for the domain name, but so far nobody donated.
October 8th, 2002
- Cellulo 1.2.1 beta and release notes are available in the Download section.
October 7th, 2002
- Cellulo 1.2 beta release notes can be accessed in the Download section.
October 3rd, 2002
- Cellulo 1.2 beta is available in the Download section.
September 28th, 2002
August 29th, 2002
- Back from vacation and working again on Cellulo! Expect next released version to be a public beta.
- Updated to-do list.
August 6th, 2002
- I'm taking vacation until August 25th, so I won't read my mail until then.
- Due to other more important projects, the next version of Cellulo will be late on schedule, sorry for that.
July 9th, 2002
- Updated to-do list.
- Updated FAQ.
- Users can now donate on a Kagi secure website to support development of Cellulo. The software remains free, however.
July 1st, 2002
- A new news section :)
- Thanks to Mariusz Ostrowski, there will soon be a Polish version of Cellulo.
- Some statistics... Cellulo is downloaded about 6000 times a month, and this site visited by people from at least 60 countries, with the following top domains: Network (.net, 27%), Commercial (.com, 20%), Japan (.jp, 13%), France (.fr, 5%), Education (.edu, 2%), Germany (.de, 2%), Belgium, Canada, Sweden...
- Cellulo got a four mouse rating in the MacWorld US July 2002 issue!
- Cellulo is currently rated 4.4/5 by its users on VersionTracker.com.
- I should fix a lot of bugs of the current development version (with multiple playlists!) instead of improving this site.
|Chat on the forums. Any topic welcome!
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|Will there ever be a Mac OS 9/Linux/Windows version of Cellulo?|
|You can choose what columns are displayed for the current list by hitting Cmd-J or by choosing "Display Options" in the Edit menu.|